Welcome to the page for the Simple Systems with Sam podcast!
Simple Systems with Sam podcast knows that you don’t have time for your to-do list, let alone figuring out how to maximize the crazy schedule of teacher-moms. Instead, you need a friend who can help with quick and actionable steps, has made (and learned from) all the mistakes, and reads all the personal development books for you.
Sam Holcomb delivers bite size simple steps to put systems, productivity, and efficiency into every part of your life without the drama. Learning all about lean manufacturing and engineered projects in school felt worlds apart from the career change to teaching high school science while raising 3 kids under 5…or was it? From the factory floor to your home and classroom, Sam will show you how to utilize the same ideas that help corporations cut millions of lost hours to save your own sanity.
Listen to recent episodes here
For all episode show notes, audio, and transcripts, use the links below:
- How To Unit Plan in Simple StepsMany teachers are never taught how to create an effective unit plan from scratch. Most aren’t even given any information or tools to get started. That was how I […]
- Seasonal Priorities: Shifting your GoalsSeasonal priorities are the secret sauce to reaching your goals. Life is full of a variety of seasons and using that to our advantage to tackle what is important […]
- Plan to Thrive instead of SurviveTeachers struggle to keep up with the day to day work, and sometimes we think that Friday should be the day we prep for the entire next week. Instead, […]
- Plan your 2023 FocusHelp create a 2023 focus with these simple steps to identify and take realistic action that works for you! Plan Your 2023 Focus Transcript As somebody who considers herself […]
- 3 No-Prep Review ActivitiesSteal 3 of my no-prep review activities that allows the students to take charge of their reviews in a creative way with less strain and effort on your part. […]
- Steps for a Digital DeclutterDigital declutter steps will help you feel in control of the technology you are bombarded with for hours and hours every day. Here are simple steps to do a […]
- How To Simplify a Classroom Task ListThe classroom task list can get overwhelming very quickly. Teachers have a million and one things to do and we will never actually reach the end of the list. […]
- 5 Underrated Productivity ToolsYou don’t need a fancy organizer or special labels to help your productivity. In fact, some of my favorite productivity tools are probably severely underrated by most “experts” but […]
- Simple Steps in Case of Personal EmergencyIn Case of Emergency… Transcript So this isn’t the episode that I necessarily thought I was going to record right now, but it’s an episode that I think that […]
- Building New Habits for the New YearWith a New Year come new resolutions. And while I really despise “resolutions” it’s also essentially just building new habits, which I love. So let’s talk about an easy […]
- Inventory for OverwhelmInventory is a way of seeing how you can simplify your physical and mental space, so let’s talk about a few quick ways to start seeing how this can […]
- Classroom Setup: Think efficientClassroom setup is the most exciting part of a new classroom, but there are some things to keep in mind when setting these spaces up. How can we make […]
- Systems Equation: Pieces of ProductivityUnderstanding the pieces of the systems equation to help them be productive and personalized for the best results. Knowing the pieces of the systems equation means you can also […]
- Simple Classroom Setup: RoutinesThe backbone of how your classroom runs on a day-to-day basis are the classroom routines you establish. Today we will walk through the pieces of routines you may have […]
- 4 Burner Method: Prioritize your ScheduleIf you’re struggling to fit your goals and priorities into your day, let’s discuss the 4 burner method and how it can work with block schedules to create a […]
- Simple Classroom PoliciesToday we are going to tackle the first step in setting up your classroom, without even stepping foot into your classroom. Let’s extend that summer feeling a little bit […]
- Block Schedule Start-upThis is a transcript of Episode 3 of the Simple Systems with Sam Podcast. A block schedule will change how you look at your day and productivity, so let’s […]
- Delegate Tasks: Is it really yours?Let’s talk about how to overcome the mental hurdle and cut down your to-do list with one eye opening step: delegate tasks to others.
- Simple Systems: The Simplest StepThis is a transcript for Episode 1 of the Simple Systems with Sam Podcast. Together let’s discuss the importance of simple systems and how we can set simple systems […]